Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A gilani and a Kurdi folk piece

Few months ago, I've heard a fine performance of a Gilani folk piece by Rastak ensemble which is a group of young Iranian musicians. I really didn't expect such a performance by such a young ensemble. The folk piece was called "Rana" which literally means "beautiful lady" but here, it refers to a girl whose name is Rana (which is a common lady's name in Iran). The lyric is about speaking about and talking to a young lady whose name is Rana.



Today, I heard another performance of these young musicians which I liked as well. I think the piece should be a Kurdi folk piece. I would like to share the music with you.

1 comment:

  1. آهنگ رعنا خیلی قشنگ بود. این نمونه‌ها هم که توی سایتشون بود هم با حال بودند.
    http://rastak.ir/videos

    ReplyDelete